VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am slowly building my 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T, and im not to familiar with VW's. So far i have a Forge DV and custom exhaust (2.5" turbo-back) with a Magnaflow muffler. I wanna build my motor with the K04 turbo. I just need help with suggestions on what i need to do with that turbo. And also what is a good brand for the K04?

Any help is appreciated!:K:

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
check out goapr.com and ecstuning.com they have some ko4 turbo kits. ko4 is pretty much a bolt on kit. there are a few members on here that are running them. they may chime in eventually.

·
Registered
235 Posts
goapr or awetuning

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
I am slowly building my 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T, and im not to familiar with VW's. So far i have a Forge DV and custom exhaust (2.5" turbo-back) with a Magnaflow muffler. I wanna build my motor with the K04 turbo. I just need help with suggestions on what i need to do with that turbo. And also what is a good brand for the K04?

Any help is appreciated!:K:
Don't waste your time on a K04, by the time you have the proper parts (injectors, MAF, turbo, charge piping, etc.) you'll be at over half of what it costs to do a PAGPARTS stage I turbo kit which puts you at about 300 whp where as you're lucky to hit 250 whp with a K04..and at that point you risk throwing a rod because of the torque spike from such a small turbo.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Don't waste your time on a K04, by the time you have the proper parts (injectors, MAF, turbo, charge piping, etc.) you'll be at over half of what it costs to do a PAGPARTS stage I turbo kit which puts you at about 300 whp where as you're lucky to hit 250 whp with a K04..and at that point you risk throwing a rod because of the torque spike from such a small turbo.
exactly.

·
Registered
235 Posts
ttturbos completely right. you should save your money for a GT28R or something similar. i just love my set up because it has such strong torque and by the time the curves done theres no real need to go faster(that is on the streets ofcourse) but yeah def save up your money for a larger turbo. im assuming this is you daily driver?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttturbos completely right. you should save your money for a GT28R or something similar. i just love my set up because it has such strong torque and by the time the curves done theres no real need to go faster(that is on the streets ofcourse) but yeah def save up your money for a larger turbo. im assuming this is you daily driver?
yes it is my daily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts