VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, i have a 01 Jetta stock VR6 ,w/ an automatic, and I was wondering if I were to put a stage 1 turbo kit wit intercooler and ru nroughly 6 or 7 psi makin prob, around 265-270 hp, could my trans. hold that power, if so then how long do u think? ive herd that vw trans are notorious for failing soo what is your guys opinions? should igo ahead and get the kit or hold back? thanks.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i dont want to kill your modding buzz, but VW auto trannies really arent that good, id stick to bolt on's unless your considering a 5 or 6 speed conversion! for the price of the turbo kit you can get a goood jump on a quality intake and exhaust, and probably a set of nice wheels as well.... basically if you spend all that money fro the turbo kit your tranny will fail and you'll be out alot more money!

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
What Marcus said. The AG4 VW Automatic Transmission is failure prone in STOCK cars, let alone modified VR6 Turbo cars...if you are going to go that far, convert to stick, and you won't break so often...

If you decide to put the turbo and stay with the stock auto tranny without beefing it up, I give it 3 months max.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts