VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys?! Been gone a while...here's what I got...

2003 Jetta 1.8T AWP was auto but now a manual ;)
145,000 mi
GIAC Flash
Forge 007DV
4"S.R.I.
ABD Racing Werks Air Int. Mani.

Getting lots of turbo surge most noticeable during throttle off and on around 3000 rpms. BUT ALMOST every time when shifting from 2nd to 3rd under constant hard acceleration .
Also under acceleration it tends to hiccup at times like: whooooooooo *hiccup* whoosh.
I hear that when using a "chip tune" flashes now...were supposed to use blue spring but I'm using yellow could that be the issue??? Back when I did it blue spring was supposed to be race mode only...idk...also last time I took it to a shop (which I never do) the shop (shady bastards who want $180 for an oil change lol) said my waste gate was throwing a code??? I was told by a vw guru...highly unlikely...but I've never changed my N75 valve which people
recommend when doing a chip tune to eliminate/reduce surge...so idk any ideas...never surged this much before...

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
n75 may be acting up and causing it to surge. theres a certain revision that youre supposed to use. not sure if its the j revision or another. i havent had to change mine yet

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
n75 may be acting up and causing it to surge. theres a certain revision that you're supposed to use. not sure if its the j revision or another. I haven't had to change mine yet
Yeah the one I have is stock...and considering EVERY part I've replaced has been O.E. might be time; just wondering if there were any other ideas what it might be if that doesn't fix it. Ill have to order the off road use only one from ECS I guess.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
the race valve from ecs is hit or miss. some cars run great with it and others dont. it depends on the car for some reason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts