VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I jus got my turbo xs diverter valve in today, and I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help me with. first off, does it give you the sound of a bov with a cold air intake? cus the sound of it sounds like the stock dv. 2nd, if it doesnt, can i plug the exhaust inlet port tube so i can get the sound? or is that gonna mess wit the engine. and 3rd, if i cant do any of this, can i run an hks or greddy, or turbo xs BOV? i know people ask this but the search aint helping me, so please someone help

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
EDIT: the intake alone will give u a blow off valve LIKE sound. i think getting an aftermarket dv will highten the sound a bit.

[ February 25, 2004: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
1. no it doesn't , it gives more of a woosh sound but it will be much louder with a CAI.
2. exhaust side

3. yes you can run a BOV, but it's not smart to do so. Look into GFB hybrid valves, they might be the happy-median you are looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where do i get the hybrid valve? and sorry bout the incorrect exhaust thing i said, i'm still gettin to know my turbo parts, its my first boosted car

·
Registered
8,124 Posts

http://www.gofastbits.com/

I'v used them and love them. Don't say sorry for the name, I think I understood what you ment but didn't want to anwser and be talking about something diffrerent. Any questions you have feel free to ask, we have a few turbo experts on hand that would be happy to help you. (Aaron, Josh, and Matt)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts