VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have been doing research for the past month on adding a turbo or a supercharger to my 2.0 (should have gotten a 1.8T). I have talked to people who have the supercharger, and they all say that a stock 1.8 whoops on them. Has anyone put the aftermarket turbo on their 2.0? I've seen places that the stage 2 gives you 200 hp. Any real life advice would be a great help.

·
Registered
380 Posts
are you looking for a relatively quick reliable car, or a car that will be fast but get fu$%ed up in the future. If you just want it to beat the 1.8t's go with the turbo, if u just want the extra power get the supercharger since its very reliable. Thats just my opinion. Hope it helps.

Emir

·
Registered
223 Posts
I say save ur self the money and dont buy either one of those and put that money as a downpayment and get ur self a JET ENGINE aka 1.8T. hope this helps
lol dont take it seriousy just messin around

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How F*%^ed am i with the turbo? I do use this car as a daily drive. I would like the engine to last atleast 120K. It has 40k. Will the turbo just kill this engine?

·
Registered
380 Posts
it will not kill it but you will have troubles. Most turbo kits that are out there require you to change alot more internals then just to add the turbocharger. I personally think that it wouldnt last you that many miles. Sorry. I also believe it all depends on how much boost your running. If it isnt more then 9 psi i dont think you would have trouble. But then it would not be beating 1.8t's

here is what one owner says: "i have a mk4 with the basic t3 super 60 fmic, fpr, bigger injectors, but it seems i still have a little fuel issue. from what ive been reading about the mk4 2.0t it seems the fueling is the bigest issue as far as tuning. my car seems to run great 99% of the time. im running 9lbs daily driver. dyno tuned my air fuel seems to be great. but driving slow at around 2200 rpms it hesitates a lill bit. but if you give it a little gas it goes right through the hesitation. then occasionally when i get into it at higher rpms in 5th gear it feels like it bucks then catches itself. this dosent happen all the4 time. maybe 2 to 3 times since i had the car turbo. just curious if its happened to you? if not do you think the added fuel parts you added helped out? thanks in advanced!!"

Emir

[ April 30, 2003: Message edited by: RoLLinVDub ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thank You for that info Rolinvdub. One of my other friends witha 02 GTI 1.8T with a T28 turbo upgrade he is thinking about converting his 1.8T to a 2.0. Which is possible lol another JET ENGINE. whis is a cool project.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i say s/c, there are always problems with aftermarket turbos and always tones of tweeking and "wrench time" (fast and the furious). i may go with the s/c but i probly wont. i love speed but i dont know ill save my money. plus how many 2.0 gti's do you see. only 1 year made. RARE..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts