VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got me new Hella A3 smoked signals on, and now one side of my turn signals won't go. It's the left side. The rights work, and the front bulbs are attached in the same manner. Blah blah blah...long story short, the left signals won't work and there's no reason why. I've checked fuses, bulbs, connections.

It does go on when the parking lights are on, which is weird. When the signal stalk is on "left", it just flashes the "your turn signal is screwed, moron" light. So anyway, the question is, is there any place I should check that's a common cause o this before I just get bored and drag it to the dealer along with the oil change?

edit: Oh yeah, the info that could matter:
'86 Jetta 1.6/9 TD with all stock lighting except for smoked e-codes and A3 smoked front signals(stock bulbs)

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: dirtjumpwill ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Make sure the connections are clean. I remember once or twice this happening to me. The bulb and metal were not making a good connection. Scuff them up with some low grit sand paper.

Also check that when the bulb is twisted in that it's screwed in right...sometimes it's screwed in too far.

Take the bulb out then turn the blinker on. Then put the bulb back in and move it back and forth until it works.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, just pulled the bulb out like a mm, cleaned the connections, then tugged on the wire a couple times and it worked. Crazy 80's electronics
...anyhoo thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts