VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a question for you guys out there. Just bought some hella smoked turn signals the ones on the front fender. All i need to know is how exactly those come off and how those go on. They look so complicated. help me out please.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I think they are spring loaded. You should be able to push on side in the move it to the left or right to pop it out. Try it
jon

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
they are spring loaded. To get them out u need to push in the left side and push it towards the left and they should pop out. Check out this SITE because the first few steps are the same steps that u must follow in order to take out the side bumper marker.

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
are you talking about the bumper light or the one on the fender, because the one on the feder is not spring loaded but you take it off the same way, push it to one side and pry up the other.
rich

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah. the side marker light (the rounded looking one) is def tougher to get off than the bumper lights. the fender/bumper lights=push in on one side, and it should come right out. the side markers, I used a old credit card, and pryed it off. just be careful you dont scratch your paint if you are pulling the side markers off. best of luck.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I changed both the side markers and the corner position lights and of course the side markers are a bitch... you have to unscrew about 4 screws of your wheel well right below the side marker. There are 2 really fragile clips holding the original marker in place.

As per the corner lights, the fellas above explained it pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts