VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
tailpipesmoke is partially right. the really mean "Race" and i think "race special" but i like "rice" and "rice supreme' better.

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: TimmayGTi ]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well if we are being serious. Type R is the shiznit of all integras. The RS is compared to a honda civic lol. If i was going to drive any jap car it would be by far a type R. With 190 hp stock i would have to say that little ricer has some nuts. But if we arent being serious then i would go with the rice and the rice supreme.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
rice and rice supreme sounds nice. hahah good one.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It is really much easier that then:

Since most people who drive Rice products like (mary K for example) they need constant typing lessons. So the car is saying Type - R. Type - S. and so on.

The problem is we see all the Type R and Type S because these drivers have most problems with thes 2 letters. So they need constant rehearsals. Am I wrong? LOL

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
since we are on this topic. what exactly does GTI mean?
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I think since the very fist GTI had the AUDI GT's 1.5L Engine bored out to 1.6L or 1600CC and it had injected fuel it resulted in the catchy name.

GT-I = GTI

I could be wrong. But if you say I am prove it... kapiche?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i think TF got it. not sure, but it works. best pulling shit i have ever heard. but its also very believeable. didn't know that the first GTi had the I-5 in it though. i had an 84 GTi and it had the 1.8 8v in her. 4 cylinder. hmmm.... i dunno i just dont know.
maybe it stands for German Touring Inteligence? yeah, it doesnt work, but it sounds smart!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimmayGTi:
didn't know that the first GTi had the I-5 in it though. i had an 84 GTi and it had the 1.8 8v in her. 4 cylinder. hmmm.... i dunno i just dont know.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Timmay, I didn't say it had 1.5L in it. It had the bored out 1.5 up to 1.6L in it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
from the DICTIONARY OF AUTOMOTIVE TERMS..."Grand Touring-injection: (GTi) A GT car with fuel injection." I thought I saw this somewhere else before too.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
from the DICTIONARY OF AUTOMOTIVE TERMS..."Grand Touring-injection: (GTi) A GT car with fuel injection." I thought I saw this somewhere else before too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHA. The shit that I posted above is taken from VW's site. So that dictionary does not apply in this case now does it?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
ok, i have officially banned myself from posting late at night. i cant read anymore, none the less think! that is cool though.

me late at night=

and yes, i do yawn that often!

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: TimmayGTi ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
thomas, isnt what you said and what I said the same thing?? thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shit... Yes you did. Sorry.

TF242 SilverGTI

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
158 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
since we are on this topic. what exactly does GTI mean?
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guaranteed To Impress

1 - 20 of 23 Posts