VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every now and then i would hit the gas petal and my car would like go nowhere, id floor it and it would go mad slow and stuff. iunno, its hard to explain but its not cool. friend of mine thinks it may be bad tranny or fuel system but to post this problem on the forum. some1 help me out please

·
Registered
777 Posts
im guessing you have an auto, answer a few questions... does the motor rev or just do nothing at all? when the car moves does it slowly excelerate or does it jerk? how many miles does your car have on it? do you do burnouts by revving then slamming it into drive? is there any patterns in it... like only when its cold out... or only after it sits for a while?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea dude. it revs but like bobbles and like slows down and then jumps up and like barely goes anywhere but only does it when its cold, sometimes but rarely when its not but only when i come from a stop to a go. i use to floor it alot and have it red line every gear but i stopped cuz i found out thats bad. and i need an oil change which is getting done as i type this so hopefully it will run better now. it has 53,740 miles on it

·
Registered
777 Posts
i dont know if you have an express oil change there, but get a tranny service done and have them top it up with synthetic...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts