VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the bolt pattern on the '91 Passat GL? is it 5x100?

The factory hubcaps are crappy; were they available with rims, and if so what size where they and where can I find a good used set?

·
Registered
349 Posts
the passat gl should be 4x100. i think the GLX did come with rims, not steel wheels, but they are a 5 lug pattern (i think 5x112) you can get any mk2 wheel such as the tear drop which is an alloy wheel and doesn't look too bad. they are 14"x6" i believe. my one friend had a set on his passat before he got his tsw's but they didnt' look too bad. good luck

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Yeah if it's not a vr6 then it will have 4x100. If it's a vr6 and i don't think the passat had a 6 until a few years later then they are 5x100. The late model passats are 5x112 i'm pretty sure. I've seen some pretty good looking passat wheels. I think they are a 6 spoke. They were on a black mk2 and they looked hot.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: 89jettawolfs ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I dont know what look you are going for, but what I would do, would be look for audi wheels (for an OEM look). Goto tire rack to search your car. you can see what the wheels will look like on your car. pretty sweet-It should tell you there what your bolt pattern is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to a junkyard today; found no passats and maybe one or two Golfs. Searched their wheels, didn't find anything that looked remotely close.
So alot of Audi wheels share the 4x100 patten? Any chance I could find something in a 15"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts