VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all--

I got my first car last July -- a 1993 VW Jetta III GLS, 2.0 liter engine. I love it. Driving it 10,000 miles over the past six months has gotten me to see why everyone talks about how great VW cars are.

I just have one small question that's been bugging me in the back of my head, and I'm hoping you VW enthusiasts will know the answer. This car came tweaked out with lots of extras -- namely a big stereo system with a subwoofer and two amps in the trunk, and a Tsudo after-market exhaust that makes a really loud "VRRROOM". I think this may be the reason the previous owner turned the VW logo on the back of the car upsidedown...see for yourself:

The only other car I've ever seen with an upside down logo was an older Toyota, which also had an after market exhaust on the back. So, I assumed this was sort of the underground "symbol", if you will, for car owners who tweak out their older vehicles.

Can anyone confirm this theory, or give additional information? I'm tired of getting asked repeatedly why it's upside down, and not being able to answer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is.....?

·
Registered
103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaDour:
And this is.....?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it looks to be a guy giving a girl head... but then again I might be totally wrong.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OneManLan:
Well, it looks to be a guy giving a girl head... but then again I might be totally wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's my guess as well...

·
Registered
267 Posts
i had once heard that people who turned the emblem upside down were going it as a semi protest towards vw... something about them being unhappy with something one way or another... personally, i thinks it's just kinda weird

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2 point slow:
that's my guess as well...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We see what we want to see - you dirty mothers!!! hehe j/k!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
We see what we want to see - you dirty mothers!!! hehe j/k!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

like that wasn't the first thing that popped into your head too !

·
Registered
146 Posts
normally i wouldnt think twice about a darwin fish but that just adds to the mystery of the upside down logo

at least it wasnt bondo'd over and replaced with a honda H

·
Registered
735 Posts
Maybe the car originally came from the southern hemisphere. Afterall, the toilets flush backwards so...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ2112:
Maybe the car originally came from the southern hemisphere. Afterall, the toilets flush backwards so...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahhaha
good one jj!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gooberliberation:
normally i wouldnt think twice about a darwin fish but that just adds to the mystery of the upside down logo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Darwin fish is mine, as is the Colorado Native sticker on the rear window. The car came without any decals on it -- even the "Jetta III" and "GLS" logos had been pulled off the back.

If the upside down logo really is some sort of protest against VW, I think I'd be apt to flip it back over. On the other hand, if it's more raunchy in nature...well, I don't mind leaving it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
maybe it was just someone's cheap mod?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

true. I have seen people that are part of "east coast dubs" turn their vw emblems clockwise 90 degrees, so it looks like a ridgid EC (east coast)...the original owner could have been from Minnesota (MN)? dont know..just a thought.

·
Registered
471 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
LOL....Ahhhh, but there's a hole in your thoery. If that were the case, every Brazilian made Fox, Golf, and GTI should have come with thier emblems upside-down as well. Well, who knows?? Maybe they do, but they get switched right-side-up when they cross the equator. Hmmmmmmmmm

[ February 07, 2004: Message edited by: brenshlus ]

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
maybe it was just someone's cheap mod?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks a bit like a maybach emblem....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
"The Origin of Species
by Means of Natural Selection,
or
The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life"

That's the actual title of Darwin's book, you racist bastard!

Just kidding, although it is true, you probably didn't know that Darwin was trying to advance genocide with his book, so I can't blame you. If you would like to have a discussion about why I don't think evolutioin could possibly work, you can PM me, I will keep it clean on the Forum

1 - 20 of 26 Posts