VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a VW Sharan 1.9 Tdi 1997

Please can someone help me, this problem has been going on for a while now and its very frustrating that mechanics I've spoken to don't know why. I haven't taken it to a garage to be looked at, as would rather do it myself, as my experience with garages isn't good, they seem to replace parts that don't need replacing and still end up leaving the garage with the same problem!

The car starts fine when cold, but if the car gets up to temperature and has been driven for more than about 20 minutes, it won't start. It turns over fine but just won't fire up. If you leave it for about 20 minutes it will start.

I have put new injectors in and a new temperature sensor and the battery has been tested.

Please can you help, any suggestions would be appreciated

Many thanks
Eve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 02 Cabrio with a 2.0. If I keep the rpm up, it'll stay running. If I let it get to idle, it'll die. After cooling down for a few minutes, it'll start up again.

I've been told to look at the ignition control module, but I have no idea where it is. I've looked online, asked mechanics and looked in the engine compartment with no luck. I'm hoping someone answers you or me soon...lol.

Good luck

Murph

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After searching the internet, some people mentioned a relay might be the problem, its 109 on my car, I went into a VW garage and got one, they said it might not be the problem as if it was faulty the car would stall when getting hot but its worth a try as it was only £13.
This didn't cure my problem.
Its the current supply relay, might be worth having a look see whether this is your problem.
Ill have a look into the ignition control module.

Any help would be appreciated
Many thanks
Eve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts