VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a cheap code clearing vag but it wont pump abs air out do i need i new $1000 computer part to fix my brakes changed master cylinder after it leaked into my booster. how much would dealer charge to bleed brakes/ will normal shops have this tool or is it vw/audi only? is vcds same as vagcom? its a 2003 golf 2.0 manual clutch works fine brakes go to floor/ if you pump you get little more brake power on the way down i bench bleed new mc but have not ran abs pump. anyone in ottawa canada have what i need please help me. any info on vagcom/vcds would also help thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
you dont need to have the abs pump running just do a normal bleed starting with the right rear then left rear then right front then left front. there is air in the brake lines from you removing the master thats why you have no brakes. the abs pump defaults to full open when the key is turned off. remember to have the person pumping the brake pedel do so SLOWLY fard or fast bubbles create foam or small bubble pockets making bleeding times longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts