VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Finally starting some body work on my GLI. I acquired a real boser extension about a month ago

welded it up, filled it, etc and now its sitting in primer

After that I finally started on the dreaded jetta fender rusting problem because of all the crap that gets stuffed behind it.

the rust ended up spreading into the rockers

So I didn't want to buy new/aftermarket fenders and I wasn't going to pay the money for OEM. I decided just to cut out like half of the inner lip and the very bottom where it bolts to the rocker and just remake it like so

Right now its sitting with primer on the hood and both fenders , Im gonna try and find time to spray it this week hopefully and post pictures.

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
Fixed all but one image for you ;)

The one missing seems to have been moved or deleted.

:K: for progress though. I <3 PG

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
There's a chance it was actually my computer acting up, but regardless I think the images are there now. All you needed was the IMG code and not the URL code you had posted first. Just for next time :K:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
the extension is gunna look good. looks like you have a good idea with the fenders, hope it works out well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im trying to figure out a way to keep all that debris from building up back there besides having to pull your fender liner all the time and spray it out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made a little progress last weekend. Painted the back side of the hood and added a little something haha.

Layed down my base color

Mixed up a little blue lagoon and layed it here

Layed down my stencil and sprayed some white

Masked it back off and sprayed the outer area back to Grey

Then I cleared it, sanded and buffed it and it came out pretty good!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So this is how my car is sitting right now.. on ST coilovers. I want to bring the front down a little more but the back is as far down as it goes. Any ideas on what I can do to bring the rear down

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Very clean. If you want to aquire moar lowz, remove rear perches (or just perch collars) and get polo bushings for the front.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Ebay.uk

Yes but I believe its because I put then in the wrong way. I'm going to give then another try this summer

1 - 20 of 31 Posts