VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally ready to change all rotors/pads on my 98 gti 6; I've looked at some packages but before I buy; any recommendations?

I'm thinking of going with stock, vented rotors all around (I don't race...formally...) but want a good, dustless pad that won't kill my budget... thx!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, will probably go with Mintex Red box?ships with some packages... thx

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Mintex baby!We have a set of those all the way around on my brothers gti vr6,with a set of big brakes as well.Unbelieveable stopping power.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jetta3guy8913:
Have you checked out mintex or ebc?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ebc have Green Stuff pads that are supposed to put out 80% less dust than a stock pad. and the have "red stuff" that is their racing pad.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yellowVR6:
but want a good, dustless pad that won't kill my budget... thx!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
there is no such thing as dustless pads. As I learned from tf242 (thomas), the better the brakes, the more dust. look at benz or bmw--really dusty front wheels. If you are getting new rotors, I would go for cross drilled. they look extra sexy, plus they perform very nicely. the stopping power is soo nice.

I posted this story in feb:
ok a few people were asking about if I noticed a difference in my brakes. I def do now. I turned around after I saw a large traffic jam going out of harrisburg. I was going through an intersection, and out comes a cop with his lights on. I didnt see/hear anything. saw him, slammed my brakes, and stopped on a frickin dime. just like that. there was a cop in the passenger side of the car, who saw me coming straight for him, and I swear he must of shit his pants. seriously like that. I am not kidding. mouth wide open, eyes SOOOO big. but I wasnt scared. I was probably going like 40 or 45, and seriously, stopped in a few feet. no screeching of the rubber, just pure cross drilled lovin. I laughed the whole way home about the cops reaction, but seriously could have been pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I'm not sure, but I've heard that slotted are better performing thatn cross drilled...anyone??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts