VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everybody, So im 17yrs old and i want a VW badly but im not down with the Golf's i find there more 16 yr old-ish and also im gonna use this also for trips to longue distances and obv show off for the lady's and most my friends race for fun on empty highways so basicly im looking for the fuel efficient AND fast jetta betwen he vr6 and 1.8T.. witch one should i start off with? there both used i found them on a site
Vr6 = 2002 with 86 000 Km
1.8T = Wolfsburg edition 2003 with 90 000 Km
I really need help i want the vr6 but im afraid its to expensive on gas and i want the 1.8t cuz its a wolfsburg eidition (iduno what it is but sounds sexy and the turbo's a +)

Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For performance AND gas mileage I would say go 1.8t. Also cheaper and easier to mod. I do hear however, that people love the sound of the vr6. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
the 1.8T is cheaper/easier to mod, more bolt ons. Where as the VR6 takes more effort/money.

1.8T has a lot of pull right off the line at lower RPMs cause of the turbo, where the VR6 has a good high end pull.

Gas mileage, I have a 1.8T and if I push the car hard a lot on a tank, I'll get somewhere around 20-22mpg. Coming home from school (MA to NJ, 220 miles) + 150 miles around town/highway, I got 34mpg, but thats also with new plugs, new coilpacks and a short ram intake. The VR6 is rated at 22/28 c/m I believe? I may be mistaken.

If I had the money and knew what I knew now, I'd get a VR6. In the long run you can get lots of more power out of them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To tell you the truth there are about a kajabillion threads on this very subject, not to mention the sticky on the first page of this forum. You won't have to try very hard to do some good research on the subject, then you can decide for yourself. It seems to me this debate really comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dude honestly are you fucking blind??? there is a whole fucking thread stickyed at the top??? im not trying to be a jackass but seriously come on and fucking google it for christ sakes. :y:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sup everybody, So im 17yrs old and i want a VW badly but im not down with the Golf's i find there more 16 yr old-ish and also im gonna use this also for trips to longue distances and obv show off for the lady's and most my friends race for fun on empty highways so basicly im looking for the fuel efficient AND fast jetta betwen he vr6 and 1.8T.. witch one should i start off with? there both used i found them on a site
Vr6 = 2002 with 86 000 Km
1.8T = Wolfsburg edition 2003 with 90 000 Km
I really need help i want the vr6 but im afraid its to expensive on gas and i want the 1.8t cuz its a wolfsburg eidition (iduno what it is but sounds sexy and the turbo's a +)

Thank you.
go buy a honda save us the headache, vtec forums are all about being major players and the ladies and racing.....

and my last comment on this thread, SEARCH is KEY! dont buy the first car you come across and test drive it, get it inspected the works.

·
Registered
99 Posts
come on, hes 17.... that says enough... when you were 17 did you research anything other that how to get a girl? girls like the v-dubs, thats all he wants, dont bash him. he'll learn in time. just point him towards VW and tell him to be a big boy make his own damn choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, douchebags who took me seriously for the chicks thing i has el GF and yes i have researched and im tired of always researching so i just did this without checking on the site i wanted to write my own shit, its always better KTHXBAI, and for those who id help thx alot

·
Registered
63 Posts
i drive a 1.8t great mileage and nice to play with. i definitely agree with tbing. if i would of known the potential of the 24v vr6 back then. i wouldve went vr6.

and yeah dude, there sure enuff is a vr6 vs 1.8t thread stickied as soon as you go into the mk4 forum. i know you wanted to start your own thing, but it would've seriously saved you the bashing and headache. although you do sound like the person that put a blow off valve off the bat in a 1.8t just for the whistle/psssh sound. i could see it now... windows rolled down... oh shit hot gurl 12 oclock... lemme drop it in neutral, roll by her slowly and rev the engine. pssssh! classic. hehe.

but at the same time... i dont think your gurl would've been too happy if she saw you even joke abt trying to pick up other gurls in your hot new dub... especially at your ages...lmao

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO, dude im not even kidding ive been dreaming about having a blowoff since i saw fast and furious 1 when i was a kid, but wats its real utility ?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sound. Thats all its for. Oh and fucking up your VW engine. If you wanna get a BOV, go get a WRX, change the top to front mount IC, and the put on a BOV... otherwise you're gonna get the same problem on just about every turbo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sound. Thats all its for. Oh and fucking up your VW engine. If you wanna get a BOV, go get a WRX, change the top to front mount IC, and the put on a BOV... otherwise you're gonna get the same problem on just about every turbo.
True true. However if you install only a CAI, the stock DV on a 1.8T will sound like a BOV. :) No performance compromise nor damage to engine, yet still sound cool for your girlfriend. ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
ok, douchebags who took me seriously for the chicks thing i has el GF and yes i have researched and im tired of always researching so i just did this without checking on the site i wanted to write my own shit, its always better KTHXBAI, and for those who id help thx alot
lol your a retard... go here The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums . you will have better luck dude, and your tired of researching what a car??? wow thats sad man..... get a BOV for your 1.8T adds like 50hp gains through out the powerband you will love it.

Dubdaddy true, yes but when i was 17 i spent months looking for a car and yes probably asked a few stupid questions about CAI and shit, but honestly the kids talkin about THe Fast and the Furious.... oh jezzz

·
Registered
434 Posts
lol your a retard... go here The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums . you will have better luck dude, and your tired of researching what a car??? wow thats sad man..... get a BOV for your 1.8T adds like 50hp gains through out the powerband you will love it.

Dubdaddy true, yes but when i was 17 i spent months looking for a car and yes probably asked a few stupid questions about CAI and shit, but honestly the kids talkin about THe Fast and the Furious.... oh jezzz
Cut the kid a break. We ripped on him enough, I think he gets the point.

True true. However if you install only a CAI, the stock DV on a 1.8T will sound like a BOV. :) No performance compromise nor damage to engine, yet still sound cool for your girlfriend. ;)
Eh, yes and no. It does open up the engine a lot and you can really hear the DV, but it sounds nothing like a BOV

·
Registered
332 Posts
Eh, yes and no. It does open up the engine a lot and you can really hear the DV, but it sounds nothing like a BOV
i know on a vr6 witha cai and a milltek 2.5' exhaust is sounds just down right ferocious. my buddy had one on his 12v valve, and im gonna be doing that to my 24v and wow sounds gooooood, imho beats a BOV any day

·
Registered
99 Posts
true, true... lol its an age thing. he'll lose his license and find out the hard way. but i agree with tbing, just cut him a break.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
My opinion is if its your first car get a 2.0
cause if you dont know what anything about turbos or anything in that nature
chances are you will blow your turbo or wrap yourself around a tree
i have my cars and i love my 2.slow more then my mustang and eclipse the mustang prob has like 200 horse on the jetta
so im not being an ass but man buy a car that gets you from point a to point b than save your money up and do a shit ton of research and then you can get a car you want
and its always better to have a dd and your fast car (your fast car will last longer haha)
if your getting a car to show off to people get a cheap car and put a bodykit on it with a big ass wing
people eat that shit up nowadays

·
Registered
332 Posts
My opinion is if its your first car get a 2.0
cause if you dont know what anything about turbos or anything in that nature
chances are you will blow your turbo or wrap yourself around a tree
i have my cars and i love my 2.slow more then my mustang and eclipse the mustang prob has like 200 horse on the jetta
so im not being an ass but man buy a car that gets you from point a to point b than save your money up and do a shit ton of research and then you can get a car you want
and its always better to have a dd and your fast car (your fast car will last longer haha)
if your getting a car to show off to people get a cheap car and put a bodykit on it with a big ass wing
people eat that shit up nowadays
X2 the guys on the money on all points, i started out with a 1983 320is bmw, just a 1.8 no Turbo, and i still managed to get speeding tickets in that thing. lol only got one but was let off with warnings multiple times cops where astonished that it could get going that fast :lol:

also it will most likely save your life if you start of 2.slow, you will get some experience under belt at driving and what not and will avoid wrapping it around trees, or parking it in ppls living rooms

1 - 20 of 30 Posts