VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding. Every 50th post is the VR6 vs. 1.8T question, or the "When I [win the lottery and] mod my VR6, should I supercharge or turbocharge it?" Dream on, my friends! And many props to those who have taken that big mod leap! Alas, I nonw have mortgage payments, and will forever be jealous.

Acutally, I have a simple question about the P-Flo. There's a big K&N filter on the P-flo. I know what it's there for.

However, I'm not 100% sure about the "baby" K&N filter that resides just below it on the heat shield.

1. What does it protect?
2. What are your recommendations for a cleaning schedule for it? Is it actually a K&N brand filter?

Just don't want to make a mistake and screw up some vital sensor unit.

Thanks guys, remember, the VR6/1.8T sarcasm was just for kicks...right? Okay? Guys?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bayarea:
Just kidding. Every 50th post is the VR6 vs. 1.8T question, or the "When I [win the lottery and] mod my VR6, should I supercharge or turbocharge it?" Dream on, my friends! And many props to those who have taken that big mod leap! Alas, I nonw have mortgage payments, and will forever be jealous.

Acutally, I have a simple question about the P-Flo. There's a big K&N filter on the P-flo. I know what it's there for.

However, I'm not 100% sure about the "baby" K&N filter that resides just below it on the heat shield.

1. What does it protect?
2. What are your recommendations for a cleaning schedule for it? Is it actually a K&N brand filter?

Thanks guys, remember, the VR6/1.8T sarcasm was just for kicks...right? Okay? Guys?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't need to win the lottery to SC my vr6 - I just don't feel like spending all my money to do it right now - but I eventually will but if I don't it's because I simply bought a faster car. TCing it is out of the question unless I win the lottery though - cause it's tough to have a TC vr6 as a daily driver

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, SCing or TCing woulnd't put any of us out on the street...or would it?

Whoa! That pun was an accident, but I'm proud of it...dig?

Like someone in another TCing post was saying "just eat ramen for the next ten years."

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bayarea:

1. What does it protect?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a filter for the air pump itself, and can be cleaned/oiled the same as the larger filter element.

Josh

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
9 Posts
that smaller filter is your engine breather filter. i don't know if it's "k & n" exactly but when i had my p-flo, i just cleaned and re-oiled it everytime i cleaned my regular intake, which was every 20-30k miles. your p-flo came with a little packet of oil right? use that on the breather and save some for later, since that's meant for the smaller filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts