VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin bout turboin the 2.slow or should i jus get a vr6 instead... whats your opinions on this dubbers??

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Covered topic
IMO it is totally stupid to swap engines into a car that comes with that engine from the factory. Turbo it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well guys i wasnt gonna swap i was jus gonna get a new car all together ... ne one changed there minds??

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
agreed...turbo, its more bang for your buck anyways..and yeah why swap a vr6 into a jetta when you can buy one that way? good luck with the 2.0
--dave--

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 97gti115k:
well guys i wasnt gonna swap i was jus gonna get a new car all together ... ne one changed there minds??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats a tough one... nothing like the soound of a vr6, but nothing like the sound of a bov passing by either... Turbo the 2.0. a 2.0t is more speciial then a n/a vr IMO

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White Rabbit:
Here's an idea. If you really want a kick ass ride and if you got the pockets for one. Swap a 1.8T into your MKIII. It's Tight.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i suggest you do this b/c it will probably be cheaper in the long run. chances are you probably have a lot of miles on your car and after dropping in a turbo you'll probably have to change other parts in your car b/c they are old. do the 1.8t swap you'll be happier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts