VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to turbo my vr6 but i don't want to use an aftermarket turbo unless i have to is there any way i can use the turbo that vw uses for it's 1.8T

·
Registered
335 Posts
why wouldn't you want to use aftermarket? there are several quality turbo kits made specifically made for the VR6, i heard that there's even a GReddy twin turbo coming out...if it hasn't already been released. even if you used the turbo for the 1.8T, you would still need to either buy or fabricate the tubing and wires, and then either buy a piggyback ECU or a completely new one...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by com_plex:
i want to turbo my vr6 but i don't want to use an aftermarket turbo unless i have to is there any way i can use the turbo that vw uses for it's 1.8T<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would not be a good idea to use the 1.8T turbo for this. It is much too small of a turbo to do much with the VR6, plus you would have to get a custom fabricated exhaust manifold (not cheap at all) made as I don't think anyone has ever done this that I have heard of. You are much better off going with a kit from a reputable VR6 FI tuner such as ATP. Check them out at www.vwturbo.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
i agree atp makes a very good kit for the vr6. You might also want to check out using HPA. The KO3 off of the 1.8t would not make enough power to use on a vr, i've been told to bolt that up to a 2.0 it would only make around 20-30 more hp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts