VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a turbo in my vr6 and i wanted some info if any one knows any thing send info or pics or ideas anything would help thanx...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
The place to talk to for a turbo would be APTuning. There's a link to their site at the top of this page, they are one of VWF's sponsors. I have heard nothing but good stuff about them.

Putting a turbo on your VR6 will cost you a pretty penny, be prepared to spend upwards for $5000. Do you have any other mods? If not I would definitely look into some ohter, more basic mods first.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here are some pics of mine to get you started:

PUG WITH FUNNY HAT NOT INCLUDED IN MOST TURBO SYSTEMS

[ September 23, 2003: Message edited by: evilgti2000 ]

·
Registered
413 Posts

hahahah, your car is sick. it would be cool if you found someway to hide the purple controls, like get a custom plastic piece to go around it, or put it in the console somehow.

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
damn, i thought the pugs came standard now.. guess not!
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope that is a expensive upgrade, known to give ricers more horsepower than vinyl stickers
!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by evilgti2000:

Nope that is a expensive upgrade, known to give ricers more horsepower than vinyl stickers
!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard someone else say onetime that your stage IV VR6 has 400hp - is this true and how much torque does that biotch have? I've said this before and I'll say it again - that is a sweet sweet engine (oh man I wish I could have one).

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
I heard someone else say onetime that your stage IV VR6 has 400hp - is this true and how much torque does that biotch have? I've said this before and I'll say it again - that is a sweet sweet engine (oh man I wish I could have one).

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it threw down 442hp/430ft.lbs when it was tuned. Untuned, on base maps, it put down 415hp/401ft.lbs. Now it puts down a big fat 0 because it threw a rod out the front of the block
. Thanks Tommunist, much appreciated!!!

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: evilgti2000 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts