VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would a slightly upgraded Jetta 2.0 compare to a stock VR6 Jetta? By slightly upgraded I mean a chip and an intake or exhaust or something. Both cars are 5 speed.

Any input would be helpful guys, thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
YOU'RE GONNA NEED 60 HP TO HANG WITH MY VR6...A BLOWER WOULD DO THE TRICK

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hung with a VR6 tonight!! NOS in the tank makes vr's think!!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
A 2.oL 8v with exhaust up to header, intake, chip, cam (done right with everything else to go with it), and new electricals(plugs and wires) will give a VR6 a run, and most likely pull.

[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: GTIboarder ]

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
A 2.oL 8v with exhaust up to header, intake, chip, cam (done right with everything else to go with it), and new electricals(plugs and wires) will give a VR6 a run, and most likely pull.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? That's a run I would like to see.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
get the neuspeed supercharger!!

it will make your car much faster than the 115 horsepower(i think) u have stock.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
There's a bunch of complete turbo kits for that motor that will definetly give you enough hp to beat a vr6(a stock one anyway) But i could see a NA 2.0 run with a vr if it was modded right.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89jettawolfs:
But i could see a NA 2.0 run with a vr if it was modded right.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would have to be one heck of a modded 2.0.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
haha yeah, i have full neuspeed exhaust, chip, intake, plat plugs and plug wires and theres still no comparison with a vr6... but i've seen quite a few 2.0T's kick some ass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what year 2.0 are you talking about
???

I've got a 99 and she's kinda slow....

but I think I can squeeze a little more power out of it...

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I know for a fact that a friend of mine worked at a certain import shop in stroudsburg.And he had cammed out a 2.0 that would stay side by side with vr6's.Another guy I met had a 1992 gti 16v that would pull away from vr6's.Of course there was some work done there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts