VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering this because of something that happened this week.

What would make a whistling sound come from a vr6 that is unlike that of a turbo or supercharger whistle?
Does the neuspeed exhaust give off a whistling sound or would some kind of intake do that?
It's boggling my mind right now.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know db had a intake and Neuspeed exhaust and when he stomps on it there's a whistling sound around 5k rpm i think. or around there. but he does have a MK4.
jon

·
Registered
5,109 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES! The whistles go wooo woooooo! Only for decoraction - they only for decoration, that's it and that's all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i have a neuspeed exhaust on my jetta but mine does not make a whistling sound it might be the exhaust but if it is maybe it isnt tight enough or somthing or possibly did you have a window open when u were driving?

G

·
0 Posts
its the intake sound it's a growl and wistle at the same time VR6's do that

·
Registered
24 Posts
is the vr6,but don't know what it is. my friend got a transplant done on his trek and that sound came with it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not high pitched like a turbo or supercharger. It's more like a teapot whistle. It's not around at idle but it's there when he floors it. I heard it at a street race.

If you guys say it's the intake, then I guess that sounds about right, but one guy at the street races tried telling me that it was the neuspeed exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
throttle body. my g60 started doing it after it was ported. usually starts around 2200, and last till ~4500. and it sounds almost exactly like a teapot.
kinda strange though, i've never heard of anything like it, besides from my car. hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts