VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The Mark 4 VR6 (12V and 24V) has it, the 1.8T has it, the 30V V6 (2.8 and 3.0) has it....

Oh yeah..the Audi 4.2 V8 (also in the Touareg and Phaeton), the W8, W12, 2.7 Bi-Turbo..

[ February 14, 2004: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
The Mark 4 VR6 (12V and 24V) has it, the 1.8T has it, the 30V V6 (2.8 and 3.0) has it....

Oh yeah..the Audi 4.2 V8 (also in the Touareg and Phaeton), the W8, W12, 2.7 Bi-Turbo..

[ February 14, 2004: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats cool to know, also cool to know VW dosnt rave on it and stamp every 3rd part with it!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalacticVR6:
thats cool to know, also cool to know VW dosnt rave on it and stamp every 3rd part with it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A`men to that

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White Rabbit:
Does VW have a VVT system in any of it's cars?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the VW equivalent to VTECH? I'm not really sure what VVT stands for... variable valve timing?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
Is this the VW equivalent to VTECH? I'm not really sure what VVT stands for... variable valve timing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup u got it right
vvt = variable valve timing or basically vtec

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
so almost all vws (2.0s are not included) have "vtech"...so why is it such a big deal for hondas?? haha I think thats funny.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Ok fairly big difference between Variable Valve Timing and VTEC, mainly because VTEC has a second lobe on the camshaft for top end power, where as, from looking at 1.8T camshafts, there isn't a second lobe. VVT on our cars can either advance or retard when the camshaft hits the valve (I think) and can induce more or less crossover flow during the intake phase.

Not that I am saying that our VVT is bad or anything, it certainly is a great thing to have, but VTEC is still an advantage...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that's crazy. It's on a lot of their models they just don't brag about like every other manufacturer. What is it called?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
VVT on the VW motor.. at least the 20v, changes the timing on the intake cam.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
VVT on the VW motor.. at least the 20v, changes the timing on the intake cam.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that is what i meant but I guess it perhaps didn't come across like that; thanks Aaron!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts