VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area but here's my issue. I have a 1987 vw cabriolet 1.8L cis. The wiring was a nightmare but I got it all squared around for the most part. The problem I'm having is the darn oil light and buzzer keep coming on just above 2000 rpms. I replaced the oil and originally ran 10w30 but the buzzer still comes on. I was told that if you don't use the correct filter it will cause this problem. So I got a factory spec wix filter and tried running 20w50. Still no luck. I've checked both sensors with an ohm meter and they seem to be working fine. The wire that controls the bar gauge is broken somewhere in the harness but I ran a jump wire off the sensor to the gauge and the gauge works fine. Is it possible that the wire that sets off the buzzer is broke? How can I test it? Oil pressure with a mechanical gauge was showing 4.5 bars at idle and 7.5 bars at 2000 rpms when I was running 10w30. Haven't tested it with the 20w50 in it. Any help would be appreciated :) thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts