VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all would really appreciate some help I have a VW Caddy Maxi Commerce Pro S-A Auto 2021 edition 11.2020

lovely new van has only done 8000 miles but yesterday I noticed general resistance on the steering it seems much stiffer and you can hear what sounds like a rubbing noise or could be described as the sound of the steering motor working I’m not sure but it is not right
Today the steering is almost as if it loses power steering completely but seems to kick back in ,its very strange

it acts as if it needs a power steering fluid top up but I don’t think that this steering is hydraulic I am not sure would appreciate some help on this one , I know the van is based on the new golf 8

Im thinking maybe I should check my battery ? There are no fault codes on the in car system , vw assistance are due to take a look on Sunday

I occasionally have errors on the dash relating to front assist when I wash the car but that clears itself , the van does not have lane assist, the problem actually feels similar to when lane assist kicks in on other vehicles the steering becomes randomly stiff.
I can provide more information if it helps

cheers guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update : vw assistance had a look scanned it and various error codes showed up mainly relating to front assist nothing directly steering related he cleared the codes and updated the sos button which was throwing occasional errors . I can still hear the power steering working as I turn it , this sound was not there before . However the loss of power steering has not come back yet but it is hard to replicated to show people as it tends to occur when the car has been driven for a few hours rather than on a cold start ……strange will update

1 - 2 of 2 Posts