VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some VW clubs that I can check out. My home is in Pittsburgh, PA, but for school I am closer to Erie, PA. I'm hoping for one with at least a few members my age (college). Also, how can I tell if the club is good/if it will be right for me?

·
Registered
133 Posts
First off welcome!

Are there physical clubs you want to be in your area or other web based clubs? It is hard to get a physical club together, depending upon your area and the interest. In all honesty it is a lot of work to put together a club.

The best thing to do if you are new is hang out at different spots on the web. You will start to see the differences in formats and people. Many times you will see on the sites that there are get togethers (GTG or G2G) in certain areas. Most people will go to those. It isn't really a club, but more of a general hang out time. Talk to people there. I think you will find there aren't many 'clubs' in the formal sense. No one really says I am part of this club. You will probably hear I am on the vwforum or I am on vortex..and you talked to me there.

The forum here is a great place to start. You can always post questions and there are a lot of nice folks to help answer them. There are two 'other' VW sites that I take a look at as well. Basically just to see what is going on.

Email me or PM me if you have any questions. Everyone is here to help!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Hi my name is Mark and in northeast P.A. me and a couple of freinds have small vw club,But I am sure it will to far for you to travel to hang out.But we do get togehter to go to shows.Let me know if you are interested in going to shows with us.Team speed and sound and vw forum "we ride".

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I almost consider vwforum to be a club. It's a great place to hang out and talk. And then get out to some shows and hang out with everybody. Formal clubs aren't as popular with the vw scene.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts