VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to board. This is my second Jetta (2003), previous one (2000) got totaled.

Love the car, VW customer service is horrible.

I gotta problem and I'm gonna vent here...

The 2000 had 24 mo. warranty, lease was 39 mo., so I got the Masterguard extended. Jetta was totaled about 5 months after the manufacturers warranty ran out (9 months left in Masterguard), but have been paying for MG for 30 months out of the 39 of the lease.
Tried to get refund, thinking that the extended started when the first ran out, and that I have paid for most of it already(1/3 into warranty, 3/4 paid).
VW claims that the extended warranty started at the same time as the other warranty, not when it ended, and has been in effect since then. Therefore, no refund.
I asked if it replaced the manufacturer's. VW says no, the manufacturer's would pay if something broke in first 24 months, but the MG was in effect during this time (even though there were no benefits).
Does anybody know if there is an arbitration process, or a contact address for VW? Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired, and I have been unsuccessful with them.

Thanks everyone, jamond

[ April 10, 2003: Message edited by: jamond ]

·
Registered
20 Posts
The best advice that I can offer is to talk to some sort of legal representation, but this could wind up being more expensive than the loss of funds. Other than that, I have no idea. Maybe a Better Business Bureau would have an idea.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
What you might want to do is ask how they handle it on their accounting books. Since the masterguard isn't useful until your factory warrenty is up. they should be handling it like it's a prepaid. it shouldn't be counted as being used or as revenue to them until your factory warrenty is up. make sense?
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Unfortunately, I think you are out of luck.

Toyota/Lexus it is the same thing. You ECP (Extended Coverage Plan) kicks in the day you pick up your car.

If you read you contract it is actually disclosed in there. (Which sucks for us customers of course).

Good luck with the battle though.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have dealt with Corporate VW on a few occassions, and they were always great to me. I don't know if you dealt with the dealership or not, but try calling the 800 number in your owners manual.

·
Registered
25 Posts
why am i not surprised to hear about bad customer service -_-

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hey Kult, what do you have against VW? i have noticed you have posted a bit today, and its mostly been ripping against them. why did you join if you hate them? its kindof wierd, cuz i know you sortof. you stole my Cousin's AIM name so i asked him if you were him. man, if you got a deal with VW, its ok. but dont post "I hate VW" posts on a VW forum website! its just, well, its not cool. thank you for hte help though. i just read some of your other, non "i have VW" posts. thanks for helping.

[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: TimmayGTi ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts