VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brand new VW Jetta 1.6 and drove it for three months.one night the on bourd computer beeped "Alternator-Workshop" and then the whole bonnet caught fire.in less than 30 minutes the whole car was burnt to the ground. nothing but the frame was left!!!my car was insured and the vw forensics are examining it.what should i do?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
wow. did you run it hard? I dont think a car would just blow up unless it was pushed REAL hard. I would hope that they will replace your jetta. I dont know how insurance works in swaziland, but here, you if it is in your policy, the insurance company will pay like $30 per day for a rental car, til you get your car back. do you have any pictures of your jetta new and burnt? we dont have the 1.6L over here (in the U.S.). welcome to the VW forum!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i wasnt. JUst doing 140kph.I had a problem 6 weeks before with the oil leaking and mixing with petrol.

Nice Gti

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well if you had problems with it before it burnt to the ground, then it might help your case out. I really don't think there's much you can do except wait as of now. I would check up on the case often so the "don't forget" about it.
jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts