VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi VeeDubbers,
Recently changed the battery and headlights on my Polo and it has been ok...until 4 days ago. I did a few errands, lots of start stop situations 3 days ago. Somewhere in the middle of the day (Hot day 33C) after a 10 minute stop the car would not start! The power would come on, all things work fine (Radio, power windows, headlights) but the engine would not turn over! After 20 minutes it started and I went on with my errands. Next day, no issues. Day after all was well until yesterday! Same problem. THis time it was late evening. Run around park, take 30 Min running errands and on coming back...no start. Wait for 25 min, start like nothing happened!
I am worried...what could be happening :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updates

So I took the car to an auto electrician, he pushed in some fuses that are on the driver side panel and the car was fine...for a few weeks. Sunday, the problem occured again then after a 20 min break....it started and was fine. Got home then it wouldnt start until after 2 hours :mad: (Made me miss my Sunday Service) Monday morning car was fine and took it for a drive. On the way back it died completely! It utterly refused to start!
So
I called the auto electrician, he split one of the wires from battery live to the starter and used another wire to connect it directly. Car started! So i am having all my wiring checked out to see where the problem really is.
Will keep you all posted!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Apparently there was an open circuit in one of the control units (CCU i think).
Once that was sorted the car is OK now. Turning the steering does not cause dimminng of the lights, gear changes (this is an auto remember) do not cause the radio to cut out, I no longer get the ESP and ABS warning lights. :D this is a BIG WIN! YAY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts