VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have an old 2001 Polo that has a slight issue with the door lock (driver's side). Specifically, the little spring-loaded cover on the front of the lock has become dislodged. I'm not sure how this happened, I suppose I might have pushed the key in too hard, but in any case I managed to pull the little blighter out of the lock so at least I can open the door now.

What I want to know is, can I simply pop it back in without having to disassemble the lock? Winter is around the corner and I fear that as the internal lock mechanism is now exposed to the elements, it's only a matter of time before the thing seizes up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I suspected as much. How hard of a job would that be? I assume I would have to take the inside door panel off to get the lock out for starters.

Are there any products out there to cover the hole with, like a plastic removable cap or something?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, macgyver it is then. I shall use a flap of skin, a ziplock and an industrial stapler for this project. Patents are in the post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts