VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am driving around in little town Corvallis and I pull up to a stop light. I am minding my own business when a car cathes my glimpse, I look closer only to see thats there's sweet ass silver project zwo TT driving up next to me. "Kick ass" I think to myself. So Im lookin' at this guys car, trying to get his attention so I can throw him a thumbs up or something when another car cathes my interest. I look in my rear view mirror and a brand new GTI 337 pulls right behind me. I figured, since the 337 was going the same way as me Id pull into Fred Meyer and maybe shoot teh shit with this guy. So, I pull into the parking lot and drive by and this old decrepit fat woamn gets out of teh GTI. Needless to say I was super dissapointed that I wasn't going to be able to talk to this person since they probably dont even know their car is a VW. But, I was still happy sicne there were 2 sick ass cars right next to me for a little while (this is saying a lot for my town).

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
That's cool. I had that happen once. there was a line of VW's and Audi's rolling down the street. we didn't even know each other.
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Shit... DJbora... just listening to you makes me feel better and happy inside. Too bad it turned out the way it did.

Still nice. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
why the hell would a old decrepid woman need a 337. of course they are sick but thats not something you see everyday haha

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
That's pretty sweet man. I'm jealous! Something kind of like that happened to me once. Last summer I lived in Daytona Beach (where there are VERY few dubs), and one day I was on my lunch break at work. I was at a stoplight in the left turn lane, and 2 lanes over these 4 girls in a Golf drive up and beep and wave to me. I was very excited, but I had to go back to work, so I was disappopinted. The next day, I went to the same stoplight at my lunch break, and an MKIV Jetta full of girls pulls up and what do they do? Beep and wave! Damn short lunch breaks...

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
That's pretty sweet man. I'm jealous! Something kind of like that happened to me once. Last summer I lived in Daytona Beach (where there are VERY few dubs), and one day I was on my lunch break at work. I was at a stoplight in the left turn lane, and 2 lanes over these 4 girls in a Golf drive up and beep and wave to me. I was very excited, but I had to go back to work, so I was disappopinted. The next day, I went to the same stoplight at my lunch break, and an MKIV Jetta full of girls pulls up and what do they do? Beep and wave! Damn short lunch breaks...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn dude, I would do that on a daily basis if I were you!! good luck with that. as for stories, well, I have been waving to nice vw drivers lately. and I seem to get no response?? I guess driving a vw is not a "brother-hood" type of thing to other people who drive vws. I guess its just a car they drive, not a lifestyle like it is for us.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i am up with Dubwink on this one? why, just why? oh well, i bet you had a good day then. i wish i could say i have seen a 337 on the road. that would be fun!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I used to live in VA, and compared to down there there are so many more VW's up here, especially Jettas. They are everywhere. Since my town isn't too big there are only 2 dealerships, a Ford and a VW. All the guys that work at the VW have sweet rides and a lot of people around town have modified VW's, so whenever i drive by one of them ill give them a wave, even if i havent seen them before. All wave back except this bitch an a Mk2 GTI who is a dick and gives the finger. Only saw him once though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen that one 337 on the road, and I got to race one last summer, it kicked my ass off the line but of course my HUGE second gear one it for me in the long run, it was the closest race I have ever had, too bad the guy was a fag.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
That's not cool man, what if someone on the forum was really gay? I'm not just saying that to be a dick, I have a couple good friends, and a cousin who is gay, so I really don't take kindly to that...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats sweet BoraDJ. Well this morning on my way to work i saw this really cool looking Jetta (Bora). I am impressed people are catching on to the VW madness. Well it had a really nice and clean body kit. I am hesitant to say it is from VW but it did look really clean. He also had some cool looking rims. Well we were just crusing side by side and gave some thumbs up to each other.
nav

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i didnt mean he was literally gay, i meant he was an asshole, like he flipped me off and tried to hit my car. sorry for word choice i guess

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
It does fell like a big part of our lives doesn't.I wave to vw in my town all the time I will get a responce from all the kids.Two nights ago after Me and Harry put the body kit on my jetta we went for a cruise.People in my town don't really have alot of fixed up cars ,so they stopped in their tracks and just stare!

·
Registered
273 Posts
good to hear about nice vws...in my town, just having the wolfsburg makes it usually the most unique dub around, even in a well-off town where a kid drives his new M3 to school.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
GTI152 check your Private messages ("my profile" up in the upper right corner to the right of the blue mk3)
As I was pulling into a parking lot of a department store this past weekend, I noticed a 337 (silver of course) parked right next to a passat W8 (silverstone gray-new vw/audi dark gray-love the color)!!! So I decided to pull beside them. I wish I would have had my digital camera with me. but I took a really really slow walk past them both, checking them out all around. I was also saying to my girlfriend how awesome the 337s are, and she wondered whats the difference between mine and the 337. I explained the many differences to her. She saw them parked next to eachother later that same day in another department store parking lot. Must travel together.

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea I saw a Passat W8 wagon on my way back from lunch. I waved and he waved back, but he was just cruisin, and I was late back, so we didn't stop or anything.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
saw a passat W8 today. he wouldnt race me but it was understandable. first, i would have lost BADLY! and second, he was older (mid 30's or so) and had his kid in teh back. but he did give me the dub nod. i love the brother-hood that some ppl they know they have joined.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts