VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ive got a VW Sharan P Reg 1.9GL TDi 1997
We had some work done for MOT, then a few days later car started playing up, normally would start on the button, but started taking several attempts and getting worse til it wouldnt start, popped the bonnet up and noticed the garage hadnt put engine cover and air outlet pipe back on properly so was jammed in near fans. Moved them, but still wouldnt fire up. Got mechanic to have a look and blamed in on oil being too low, filled it up then got it tow started for the oil to get pumped around. It seemed to start ok later, but the engine was still warm. next morning wouldnt start again, got it jump started on 1st turn of key. Took the car on a good run, thinking it might be battery. Next day wouldnt start again, took several attempts, but did fire up on about 20 turns.
It does seem to start when the car has been on a run and its still warm, but when its been left it wont, have noticed when I turn car off the fans are blowing like bad, maybe just cos the weather is warmer. It doesnt overheat the temp gauge stays just below half way. Dont know whether the air outlet pipe and engine cover jammed in fan could of damaged something, but would this prevent it starting, Ive checked wires and nothing looks like it has come off.

Hope this all makes sense, after all I am a female, dont know much about cars but the basics, but dont mind getting my hands dirty. Changed a radiator, starter motor and thermostat, so im learning, just hope this isnt something too serious.

Please help asap
Eve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to have probs with my Sharan and my Bro discovered a relay switch was failing (common fault apparently) so i used to carry a spare i think it was number 13???.I hope this helps...Kev...;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts