VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
h2o International 2002 **Update**

VWFORUM.com will be getting together to drive to h2o International 2002 this September 28 & 29, 2002 in Ocean City, Maryland.

Where are you leaving from?
We are meeting at the Lehigh Valley Mall Whitehall, PA. On Friday September 27th 5 p.m. sharp!

What time are you leaving for h2o?
Friday September 27th 5 p.m.

Where is the Lehigh Valley Mall?
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Grab Directions here http://locations.mapquest.com/client/lorelinteractive1/lehighvalleymall

If I don’t meet you there can we meet in OCMD?
Yes. We are staying at the Paradise Plaza Inn http://www.paradiseplazainn.com/

Are you guys hanging out at the Hotel?
Yes. Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. we will be hanging out in the parking lot to meet and greet everybody. FREE VWF decals too!!!

Do we get a discount at the Hotel?
Yes. Here are the prices:
Ocean front - $169+tx
Ocean view - $149+tx
Bay View - $139+tx

Show Details
Spectator - $10
Show - $20
Top Dawg - $40
BBQ - Sat. 28th 12-5 p.m.
Pre-Registration - Sat. 28th 1-3 p.m.
Directions - http://www.h2ointernational.com/directions.html

Feel free to PM or email me with any questions.

Related Links http://www.clubh2o.com http://locations.mapquest.com/client/lorelinteractive1/lehighvalleymall http://www.paradiseplazainn.com/

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: db ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am going to try to get the days off to come up.Missed waterfest and don't want to miss this one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the northern VA area...so if yall are seriously gonna meet up then lemme know which hotel, and all the info so I can meet yall there. We should definitely roll deep to the show.....

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Here's some info on the price.
$5 for BBQ on sat, and $15 to preregister for show on sat = $20 total
or just go to the show sunday and pay $20 to enter.

For anyone going down for the bbq on Sat. i belive preregisteration for the show on Sunday is from 1-3.

jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i will be happy to cruise with you guys to the show, only problem is that im 17 and in order to rent a room, you have to be 18. Not to sure what im gonna do cause of that but im in central NJ so if a whole group is driving together, ill be more than happy to come.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
dubwink, i have a feeling that if we get enough people going, and depending on how many people each person brings, and who all is staying down there, we might be able to save some $$ and chip in for one or two rooms so you might not have a problem getting a room. So, who all are bringing their wife, g/f or best friends, brothers, ect. Just curious if i should tell the g/f that its a guy thing or if i should bring her.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ok great, keep me posted

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Ok, i have a fried ECU. Apprently when my BCS was installed it fried it. The problem with it is; ASR stays turned off, Tach doesn't work, Cruise control doesn't work, and the oil light beeps and blinks when i first start the car, then every time i stop at a light, it goes off then comes back on when i accelerate again. Soo.. I took my BCS off, had the wires replaced that the BCS connected too (one of the service guys at my dealer replaced them for real cheap). Originaly i thought a wire or two got loose behind the dash when the BSC went in but the guy who replaced the wires tested them all and said that they are all hooked up. What i'm going to do is have the service guy hook up my BCS professionaly, then get a chip customized to the mods i have on. I was just going to go through VW for a new chip but we both agreed it will be cheaper and better to go with an aftermarket ECU. Now my question is, at these large car shows, there are usually these chip makers there doing upgrades at a discount price on the premise. Should i just wait till the show and hope that someone there is doing this, or should i just order one now?? Most likley i'll go with UpSolute or Giac. I know there are a couple other makers out there just as good too. Let me know what you think.
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Never mind about my previous post, The prez of H2O got back to me and said that there should be a couple peope doing installations there (APR, GIAC, ECT). So looks like i'll be getting a new chip when we go.
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Now i have a ?? about the hotel.
"Do we get a discount at the Hotel?
Yes. Here are the prices:
Ocean front - $169+tx
Ocean view - $149+tx
Bay View - $139+tx"
so db, are you staying with a roomfull of people?? Is that per person?? The reason i'm asking is because i plan on coming down by-myself (G/F didn't sound to excited to go so...) and i can't afford $139 a nite alone. What i have done in the past is have about 4-5 people in one room so it's only like 25-35 a night each. (even had 10 people in a room one time so it only cost up about $8 a night) So everyone who's planning on staying there, post here on how many people you plan on bringing. if it seems like it won't work out, i only live about an hour and (give or take some) away from OC so i would end up driving down on Sat and Sun (but i'll miss out on all the fun Fri. and Sat. Night
)
jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jon let's see how many people we can round up to cut some costs? Whomever is interest please reply here I want to get a head count.

vwgti2002T, VT Jetta, dubwink, silverGTI you guys still in?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I am planning on going on sat afternoon for the show .If anyone wants to cruise down with me let me know!I am leaving from northeast P.A. .Just south of stroudsburg.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
that sounds great cause thats the only way it will pritty much work for me, and my friend will be taging along with me if we go, but ill have to see whats up and give you the final answer soon. but yeah im in.. but i live south of you guys..
so i dont necesarily want to come north and then come back down south..

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Yeah, I'm still in. Me and my g/f got a room on 20th street. We can't meet at the mall, but we will see you down there Saturday. Are all of you going to the Bar-B-Q? And are you driving to the show together? or meeting there? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Hey dubwink, You can met me at my apartment. DB and everyone he is meting will be driving right by me and i was just going to have them call me right before he passes so we can catch up to them. Let me know.
jon

1 - 20 of 72 Posts