VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VWFORUM's ONE GIANT GTG : Levitz Park - Grantville, PA - 08.05.06



IT'S A SATURDAY THIS YEAR!!!

Pre-Register - http://www.vwforum.com/onegiantgtg

3rd Annual VWFORUM's ONE GIANT GTG
To benefit Alzheimer's Association
August 5, 2006


MARK THIS DATE!!! VWFORUM.com announces date of August 5th, 2006 for their 3rd annual ONE GIANT GTG in Levitz Park - Grantville, PA. This year we have chosen again the Alzheimer's Assoication, all money raised will go to help find the cure for Alzheimer's. Last year was a great turnout, we were able to raise over $1400. for ALZ. This disease hit my family close a few years ago when my grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease. We lost the battle in 1995, since then no cure was found. This is our chance to give a little back!

Alzheimer’s (AHLZ-high-merz) disease is a progressive brain disorder that gradually destroys a person’s memory and ability to learn, reason, make judgments, communicate and carry out daily activities. As Alzheimer’s progresses, individuals may also experience changes in personality and behavior, such as anxiety, suspiciousness or agitation, as well as delusions or hallucinations. Although there is currently no cure for Alzheimer’s, new treatments are on the horizon as a result of accelerating insight into the biology of the disease. Research has also shown that effective care and support can improve quality of life for individuals and their caregivers over the course of the disease from diagnosis to the end of life.

Please check back reguarly for updates, Pre-Registration will open July 5th!!!

If you would like to become a sponsor, make a donatation, provide food, or like to donate a Silent Auction please contact Dave Snyder (db) via email at [email protected]

Timeline of Events:
10 am - 1 pm Car Registration
Noon - Raffles
1 pm - 2:30 pm Members Choice Car Judging
2:30 pm Tire Toss
3:00 pm Kickball ABE vs. YORK "ROUND 3"
4:00 Awards & Silent Auction Winners

Show Car
- Pre-registration starts July 5th http://www.vwforum.com/onegiantgtg , cost will be $10. entry fee (get's you in too) all proceeds go to the Alzheimer's Association
- The voting of the show cars will be People's Choice
- You can register at the gate day of event ($12.); however we would like to pre-register online so we can save paper work time

Spectator
- $5. entry fee all proceeds go to the Alzheimer's Association

Members Choice Awards:
Best Euro Style
Old School
OEM Eater
Hawtest Engine
Most Creative
Best Kicks (Rims)
P.I.M.P.
The Shocker
Lowest
Best Beater
db's pick (Best in show)
...more TBD

Pre-Register - http://www.vwforum.com/onegiantgtg

Silent Auctions:
- VWFORUM.com Gallery Limited Edition Photo from Volksfest Collection

- Certificate for a free TT chip from Euronation ($100+ value). Any application they make a chip for (All MK3 2L and VR6s, B3 VR6, all B4s, MK2 2L 16v, all Corrados, Digifant MK2, GIAC chips not included).

If you would like to donate a silent auction please email [email protected]

Please support our sponsors:
http://www.alz.org
http://www.moreshine.com
http://www.aptuning.com
http://www.signfeldsigns.com
http://www.yourautosourceinc.com
http://www.parts4euro.com
http://www.h2ointernational.com
http://www.hoodpins.com
http://www.euronationmotorsport.com

If you would like to become a sponsor please email [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
my new job has me on a rotating shift, so i am going to give my tentative attendance confirmation. looking forward to some more kickball. chad, same offer as last year. if you want a place to crash around dc just let me know. i know its along drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,718 Posts
cybicus said:
How long would it take me to ride from Alberta?
My grandma has this disease, and I'm all in
That would probably be around 3000 miles. My grandfather has Alzheimer’s. You know Holly and I will be there. :K: for a saturday!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
silverGTI said:
cybicus said:
How long would it take me to ride from Alberta?
My grandma has this disease, and I'm all in
That would probably be around 3000 miles. My grandfather has Alzheimer’s. You know Holly and I will be there. :K: for a saturday!
Make a "slight" detour and pick up Aaron on your way.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,420 Posts
I'll be there again...


Handeye said:
silverGTI said:
cybicus said:
How long would it take me to ride from Alberta?
My grandma has this disease, and I'm all in
That would probably be around 3000 miles. My grandfather has Alzheimer’s. You know Holly and I will be there. :K: for a saturday!
Make a "slight" detour and pick up Aaron on your way.....
And while you're at it go over to the Netherlands and pick up vwfreakDYC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,513 Posts
PGLI said:
eurotrashed said:
I might come. I want to. Most likely work will keep me from going though. :(
its like a billion months away..call off :pimp:
If I get the job which i will know soon, I would have to work every weekend. If I can get a weekend off, I want to try for waterfest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Straz85 said:
I'll be there again...


Handeye said:
silverGTI said:
cybicus said:
How long would it take me to ride from Alberta?
My grandma has this disease, and I'm all in
That would probably be around 3000 miles. My grandfather has Alzheimer’s. You know Holly and I will be there. :K: for a saturday!
Make a "slight" detour and pick up Aaron on your way.....
And while you're at it go over to the Netherlands and pick up vwfreakDYC.
who's Aaron, where is he, and does he have cookies?
Netherlands might be a bit of a burden, but I'm up for a fun road trip
it might cost me upwards of 50 dollars in fuel... but I'm ok with that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
im down for it this year. maybe i can uphold my title as "slowest car" :lol: but this year York is definatly going to win in kickball. Cant wait for another great turnout and great fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I'll most likely be there ( though it is my Birthday, but im only 24 so who gives a crap lol)

And how bout some more ABE'rs this year....York had so many more friggin people there......Represent ABE!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kevin03WRX said:
I'll most likely be there ( though it is my Birthday, but im only 24 so who gives a crap lol)

And how bout some more ABE'rs this year....York had so many more friggin people there......Represent ABE!!!
24 ahhh your still young. [smack talk]ABE shall rule kickball once again![/smack talk]
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top