VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen this yet.

its from the passat w8 its the overhead console, its adds overhead lights that shine down on the center console and backlit controls. i think its pretty cool, o have seen this on a mk3 jetta before but his was DIY, still looked really cool. well this is a kit and its $75 evolution sports is where you can get it. only down fall is it's for 2002 and 2003 model years.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I have seen this before. I think it is from another place that has from just the passat (not w8), and you can do the mod for 99.5-2003 I think. I will look around, and post the site if I find it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
edit: Fits the following models produced after shown date -
Golf/GTI Brazil - 02/02
Jetta Mexico - 11/01
Jetta Germany - 11/01
Passat - 11/01

and i would think that you would have to have a sunroof for this.

they really try to get you on the price though, the overhead console doens't come with the sunroof switch, and thats another $75, and you alos have to buy the LED's seprate for another $20, so really its gonna end up costing $170

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ive seen this before on vortex. its what comes in the w8. but you can get the whole kit from your local stealership for 68$. its for all mk4s and you need to have a sun roof. i was gonna do it but its not worth 68 bucks to have a couple lghts above your head. haha.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Im wondering if all of the contacts on the back of the light assembly would match up (for all of the lights and stuff to work).?? I would assume that they would work.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i think it looks really cool. but man, thats a lot of money for 2 freaking LEDs. i bet, if you had the time, you could do that for hte price of just 2 LEDs. so like, $10 or so. just do some wiring yourself and its good to go. but its a cool idea man. loving it!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sorry to revive old topic, I know the following isn't the actual W8 console you were all talking about but here it goes....

DO IT YOURSELF MOD I SAW

Hey TF hope this works let me know if you think this was something you were talking about wanting to do.

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
hehe... fixed that pic for ya.

Yeah that is it. Thanks. I might just go ahead and do it. We'll see. But I would choose red since that guy made it blue and saying that it will match the rest. I would like to say... HOW? LOL. The rest is RED. Only the radio display and the dash it blue. The knobs and controls are red. That is my 0.02 in the decorative department. HEHEHEE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts