VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a blue 20th anniversary on the lot so i took a look then really started thinking about getting it so i asked the dealer to tell me how much they would give me for my car

$ 12,000
only 12,000 dollars WTF?

guess im not getting a 20th

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Try to sell it privatly and be amazed.

It is only worthwhile trading in your car when you know it is a lemon or they are giving you more then you wanted.

The dealer will try to tell you that they will have to make the car presentable again (yeah right...) and then they will have to market it for sale, then leave room for negotiation with another prospect, in other words all CROCK SHIT. Been there and done that to the poor customers, then they used car manager is laughing and their manager will say to him "WE PRACTICALLY STOLE THAT CAR FROM HIM/HER HAHAHAHA" Bastards. I really hated it what they are doing to the poor and rather stupid customers.

Good luck.

[ July 15, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
How many miles are on your car? What options does it have? I am not surprised at all that they will only give you 12k.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
How many miles are on your car? What options does it have? I am not surprised at all that they will only give you 12k.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here. i got more for that for my car and it had a busted front windsheild and almost 50k miles on it. plus i made them switch the wolfsburg wheels to the GTI and have my new rims put onto the Jetta.
jon

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
i checked kelly blue book and the trade in value it gave me $16,125<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah 12 grand is a f'n rip man. I traded my 02 in and got $15560 for it towards the 20th...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok.... 2002 GTI 1.8T, i just pasted 15k miles (like 15,0?? miles), monsoon and sunroof (i think that is the luxury package), 17 inch wheels... 12Gs s not enought

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well they also see you as a young adult that wouldn't know better. i'm sure if your dad went in there with you they could give you alot better offer
jon

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wtf?? $12,000??? that's insane. that basically works out to $20,000 canadian. my friend with a 99 gti vr6 loaded is getting that much and he has a 100 k on it!!

this can't be right. i looked on the autotrader for canada and 02 gti's with 15k are going for no less than $26,000.(about $17,000 american)

yup the dealer's trying to f#@k u up big time!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
i checked kelly blue book and the trade in value it gave me $16,125<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah they busted my balls on my trade in too but I went ahead and got the AE and I'm gonna sell my old car private party.

Hey, at least I got them to go below MSRP on the 20th AE even though they said they wouldn't for anyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts