VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn!!one of these days i'm gonna drown!!!i don't have my heatermatrix connected,so thats one less thing to look to!!!good damn!!!
what is this!?how can i fix it!?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the number one reason for water in the footwells is the vapor bariers. Take off the door panels and i bet the plastic behind it is torn somwhere. get a cheap shower curtain and use cauking to hold it in place. Other then that the weatherstripping could be rotted. Check and see if it's in good shape, if it is then go for the vapor barier. good luck. I gotts do mine again.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89jettawolfs:
...Other then that the weatherstripping could be rotted. Check and see if it's in good shape, if it is then go for the vapor barier. good luck. I gotts do mine again...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

humm...i dont think i follow this one...i'm portuguese
my 1st language is not english

so if you could translate it to me,i would apreciate!
about the water falling in the foot whell,i can see the water coming down!!i don't think its from the door!its something like,near the fresh air motor!!but,i don't think its from there...but i dont have full certain!

·
Registered
524 Posts
take off the door panel...4 screws. there should be a plastic sheet. it probably is dried and cracked. replace it with heavy duty plastic trash bags or something of the kind. use a "caulk" or glue that stands moisture and replace the old plastic with the new. then go around the edges with a tape that can withstand water. and reattach the doorpanel. hows that?

·
Registered
524 Posts
if you open the hood... there should be a plastic rain tray. it covers the ECU and wiper motor. On the passenger side there should be a fresh air inlet. check the seal to that and see if it holds up against water. or that rain tray i spoke of might need to be replaced... let me know... cuz i have leaks as well

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well...the rain tray is in good shape,i believe.but about the seal.what seal!?i see something that lets the air in.does that have a seal!?

·
Registered
524 Posts
yes. the seal is more like glue... look at it closely and you'll see tabs that slide into place. try to take it out without breaking the tabs and make a new gasket with some type of sealant. I can't promise this will work but its all i can think of for now.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the rain tray on mine leaks if it gets full of leaves ands tuff. If i don't keep the passenger side corner clean water runs in. I might try to seal it too. But i bet if you take off the door panels you'll find the vapor bariers torn. Or like i said check the weatherstripping. (the rubber seal that goes around the door and window.)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Man... no one has touched on the biggest leaker of them all.

Check the windsheild. Although the MK2 used a glue in windsheild, it still leaks all the time.

Also, make sure the raintray drains are clear.

Water carries dirt. There will be a dirt line where the water is running in.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but with those seal and things blasted,the water should come down like a hose!?it drops like some one flushed the toilet!
its something strange!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
does is drain in at a standstill? or when ur driving? Water could possibly fill up in a pool somewhere behind your dash and than when going up a hill it drains into the interior.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i do a strong acceleration and then deccelarate,the water comes down!
so,does that mean that it could be the seal from the windsheald!?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got to take the windshiled ruber of!?if so,i might as well fix the rust it has there...
that sealant you'r talking about is easy to find in a car shop!?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Does your car have a sunroof?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes,my car has the sunroof.hand powered one...
could it be from that!?
i'll see an autoshop tomorrow or something!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts