VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago i found a video online of a 2.0 w s/c runnin a water injection system into the s/c....anyone know if it really helps ur times/hp or is it just to keep ur engine temps down with the added power?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
It's not a HP "adder", it is simply another way besides intercooling to lower the HP robbing heat soak, thus freeing up some of that lost HP. I had plans to run the Aquamist setup from New Dimensions before trading the GTI in, it's a good idea for a StgIII+ setup.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
It suppresses knock just like running better gas. It doesn't make more power itself, but allows you to run more timing, ad more boost.

Really a bad idea for a street car for a few reasons.

1. Basing your engine tuning on something that you can run out of is bad. If you run on the edge of tuning and you run out of water something might blow.

2. Anything you put into your cylinders will get past your rings and into your crankcase in small amounts. This means water is making its way into your oil pan. Not a good idea.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never thought of that....thanks for the info.....ill stay away from that and take other rotes to get more hp

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinkin....but i dont care if its "found" HP or "new" HP....it still goes faster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts