VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a "dunebuggy". He put a brand new engine in it in 2004 (2003 model air cooled "VW" engine). He had a flood in his basement where the vehicle was kept and water got inside the oil pan (most likely through the dipstick - no seals appeared to be compromised). The water was in the engine for 5 days before discovered. We have "flushed" the water out with oil twice (basically drained, changed oil, and ran a couple minutes - 2 different times). Also, I took off the valve covers and sprayed the heck out of the valves and the tubes that carry the oil with WD-40. There was a small amount of water in the valves after we changed the oil the first time, but not very much at all the second time. I did not see any rust at all when initially draining the water and checking the valves. There appears to be no steam in the exhaust while running, and I figure if it was getting enough fire to run, then water must not have gotten into the cylinders. I was curious if there is anything else we should be concerned about before driving the vehicle again? Or, is there anything else we can do to help flush out the water? Many thanks for any help...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts