VW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Jetta GLS i’ve put a ton of work into it the past few months. I’ve been having to put a tarp over it the last few weeks due to there being a leak. The leak is underneath the driver side dash, and also the driver side floor.

So far i’ve cleaned the front drains of the car by the fenders. I know it’s common I heard and read for there to be a leak by the ECU plastic black box under the hood where the wires are held so I sealed that up a half hour ago waiting for it to fully dry.

Now with my sunroof rear drains I noticed on the passenger side behind the panel it’s been pretty damp on and off when it rains so i’m wondering if that could be the source of the whole problem here? I’d love to figure this out thank you to anyone that can help.

·
Registered
2016 Jetta, 2001 Jetta, 2015 HD FLHTCUL
1,240 Posts
Cut the ends of the Sun roof drains in the front door jams and the rear are under the car behind the tires. Using low air pressure open the sun roof and blow them out. Hopefully you will clear them. If you use too much pressure you can blow them off in the roof or pillars.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It's either the sunroof drains or the ecu area. I had to seal my ECU area with silicone and the driver's side leak puddle stopped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's either the sunroof drains or the ecu area. I had to seal my ECU area with silicone and the driver's side leak puddle stopped.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I'll mention this to my uncle! His Jetta recently had this mysterious water leak. The sunroof and drain hose was recently done so it might be coming from somewhere. Got to finish installing the brake pads and tires from 4 Wheelonline this weekend before we can start working on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts