VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday I was washing my car while my buddy was inside detailing it. He told me to stop because water was leaking through the A pillars on both sides. Any idea what I can do to fix this. I'm afraid next time it rains my cars interior will get soaked

·
4,054 Posts
If it is sunroof drains either blow them out like Pssst said or call a VW dealer and give them you VIN # to make sure it's under recall before you bring it there and get charged an arm and a leg. If it is they should take care of it for no cost.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys, I will check them tomorrow. It is a 2000 gti Gls 1.8T. Would that be under the recall?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks for the info I will let you know what i find out tomorrow

·
Registered
517 Posts
as a quick fix, open the front doors. near the upper door hinge you will see a black rubber "nipple" squeeze it a few times. this is the sunroof drain. if there is dirt clogged in there, it should clear out by squeezing it. if you use compressed air, be very careful. too much pressure will knock the drain tube off the sunroof assembly and you need to remove the headliner to fix that.

also check the rear drains. There is one behind each rear wheel between the fender liner and the rear bumper. they are hard to see, you may have to lie on you back to see them

·
Registered
120 Posts
Had ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this happen to me except it wasnt the pillars everytime it rained my passenger side was soaked on the floor board. I took it to the

STEALership they said the sunroof drain was on recall,so were my coil packs. I had the new revision d coilpacks that I bought from ECS, so they asked for a reciept

and when I showed them they reimbursed me my money. They fixed my sunroof drain AND replaced the sagging headliner AND CARPET for freeyou have to mention it

though as a result of the leak or they won't. BUT a week later my car was parked in a decline, it rained, water got into the passenger side again. So I called the

stealership again they said that was wierd I TOLD the service counter

guy about it being parked in a decline he didnt relay the message. The service manager called and said he was stumped (after a week of water-testing in the wash bay
at VW) I asked if the counter guy told him about it being parked on a decline he obviously said no. Anyway they jacked up the back of the car watered it, and it

started leaking, turns out it was a cracked pollen filter tray(the tray that your cabin filter sits in, or above I'll insert a pic as soon as I can) was cracked so instead of

draining into the drain it drained into the passenger side of the car they said that they never ran into that before and were going to "ARCHIVE" this for next time. Cost

me about $45 bucks to replace the tray no labor charge since they missed it for about 2 weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts