VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the light in my dash blinks in the morning like it does when it's low on water. But it's full. and once the car gets warm it stops. It's full and the thermostat seemsto be working fine. Has anybody had a problem like this. could it be the switchin the resevoir?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Sounds like the coolant level sensor, the only things that make the light blink are the coolant temperature sensor on the side of the head, and the coolant level sensor on top of the overflow bottle. If the temperature is normal, it's the level sensor.

I came across the test method for the Coolant Level Sensor for '83-95 Vw's . You will need an Ohmeter,. Remove the two wire connector from the sensor. With the sensors probe in coolant, the circuit should be closed, with the probes out of coolant the sensor should read open. If not replace the sensor.

The only other thing I have heard that works sometimes, is replacing the actual coolant resivour bottle/tank.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for your replys. it stopped. The level is full and it's runnig okay. Now it doesn't come on anymore. It was only those couple days when it was like 20 somthing degrees when i left for work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts