VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a full week of being down we are back. Please bare the mess for another day but we are happy to say that we are back online. Boy oh boy I missed you all.

So what happened you asked?
About 2 weeks ago a virus hit the WWW called Nimbus. This virus hit the DNS domain server where VWFORUM.com was hosted. Causing us the site to start to slow down. Some of you may have noticed this. Well then the DNS server's crashed completely. We contacted them immediately, they basically were no hope and gave us no sign that we were going to be back online anytime soon.

We wanted to move any ways so this happened for the best. We moved to ABAC hosting we have our own machine and things are looking real good. The service is better and the site should run a lot faster. Again we apologize for the outage but this one was out of our control. We are just happy to be back online to help serve you.

It goes with that saying you don't know what you got until you don't have it!

Lastly to end on a positive note in 10 days it's VWFORUM.com birthday. We will be one year old; watch out for a birthday special coming soon.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
its great to have the forum back. i was going out of my mind at school during the day when i was usually on the forum, i was tryin to occupy my time with other shit... but yea glad we're back and whats up with the birthday special for the forum. im interested.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work db. I do have a question though. are all the pictures working or are some of the url links not working for them? I have some red X's when it's up. No bigger, just wondering. thanks again for getting it back up again!!!
jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Thanks for all the hard work db. I do have a question though. are all the pictures working or are some of the url links not working for them? I have some red X's when it's up. No bigger, just wondering. thanks again for getting it back up again!!!
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I still have some red x's as well, but this is alot better than nothing!!!! I missed you guys oh so much!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
yea, thomas needed a shoulder to cry on last night because he couldn't get onto VWF for the past week

jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
yea, thomas needed a shoulder to cry on last night because he couldn't get onto VWF for the past week

jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehehe.... True. But Jon cheered me up with a wicked 50MB Street Race Video... Man I love that Video...watched it like 10 times now...
Hey Jon, remember this?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
man i was goin through withdrawl! glad were back up and thanks for all the hard work dave. peunut butter jelly time!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
hey guys. its glad to finally be able to post something. I must of checked every day to see if the site was back up yet. but I must say, it's def good to have it up and running. thanks db for your hard work. what is this anniversary special? you got my attention... and it is def peanut butter jelly time! I will have to post my new mod! carbonio cai.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome back VWF!!! I know I don't post much but I enjoy learning from all you pros'!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
all i can say is thankyou thankyou thankyou! i couldnt take another day without you guys. i tried to have VWVortex take its place, but not the same! i am glad its back! good work DB. you da man!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I am so glad to here from everyone again!Where I work we always have problems with our computers.Thats why I am only on from time to time anymore,if any needs a question answered from me just give me time.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Peanut Butter Jelly an' a baseball bat.

Ahhhhh... its so good to be back home.. I was starting to just randomly tell people at school and church about Volkswagens last week, Im sure they will all be delighted to know I have an appropriate outlet again. BTW, DB, my Pic went away, do you need me to email it to you again, or are you still uploading some of them.

Thanks for getting it up and running again DB, you're the money and the bomb.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
djvibe...yeah it looks very nice in the engine bay. performes nicely as well. The install went longer than I expected though. I am not an experienced "modder," so it took like 4 hours with some more inexperienced help from my dad. But, at 10:30 pm 2 monday nights ago, it was totally installed. I am very proud of myself. Well, I will have pics up possibly later tonight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am glad to see that thinga are starting to return to normal around here. Congrats on the move db, hope everything works out on the new server, and thanks for all the hard work to give us Vee-Dub junkies our daily fix
! I really did miss all you guys, even though I don't post that often I still like reading what you people have to say. It's really good to be back.

Synthogen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts