VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From both home and work, the website has been loading up slowly, and i get some red x's sometimes. anyone else having this problem? or is it just me?
jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
To All,

I was going to post this up yesterday. The site have been slow, and un-accessible from time to time. This started about a week ago. I have always been honest with all of you so I have no reason to hide this.

1) I have been monitoring the traffic. It has been increasing from week to week. We are growing...FAST. Server will be updated in a month this will increase speed.

2) The software is powered by InfoPop. We are not running the most up to date version; this will be updated by the end of December.

3) The weather. The bandwidth comes in from Allentown, the weather yesterday was bad and caused some power outages. Causing the site to slow and come to a craw almost stopping.

4) New UPS's were installed yesterday to help the power problem.

By January we should be at full muscle to take on more traffic, more users and serve you all faster. Thank you for your concern and patience through the transition. This is a good thing VWF is getting bigger!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was either think it was because of to many users were on (noticed alot more people posting now), and/or the weather had an effect on it with the ice and everything PA got hit with. Thanks db for filling us in with the details.
jon

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
thanks DB for helping out. i noticed that you registerd a year ago. that means that the site is 1 year old now! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WWW.VWFORUM.COM!!!! just thought i would say that

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it went live in Late Jan-Early Feb. I remember when it use to be www.vwgti.com then he was going to get sued so he re-did the whole website.
jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
I think it went live in Late Jan-Early Feb. I remember when it use to be www.vwgti.com then he was going to get sued so he re-did the whole website.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VWGTI.com was forced to cease and desist content. Never got to the point for sueing. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't think you were at the point of actually getting sued. Was it just threat letters from VW saying they would sue or did you just shut it down?
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
HA haha.. DB since you were monitoring the site, you should see now how often I am here. LOL

It's freaking ridiculous. (sp?)

I am going to start a webpage vwforum-addicts.com heheheh.... J/K.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
I didn't think you were at the point of actually getting sued. Was it just threat letters from VW saying they would sue or did you just shut it down?
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That site was forced to be shut down basically.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I remember when it use to be www.vwgti.com then he was going to get sued so he re-did the whole website.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i remember, i found this site in an issue of vw preformance it had this site and a bunch of others.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark:
I was upset I could not get on this site the other day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, TF and I were talking to each other on MSN messenger last night and neither one of was could get on. We were both at the point to tears!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
yeah that is how i found this place. i went to www.vwgti.com and bam! i came here! and i am thankful i found this place! thanks DB for this place! it has helped out Schnell and myself a ton!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts