VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new vr6 is kind of annoying in the rain. Wipers tend to go at random times when in the "intermittent" setting. the time adjustment does not work and they tend to wipe at random times and almost seems like its related to bumps.
haha.
work fine on constant and high speed and off. :rolleyes:

NOT taking column apart to fix this. I guess I just felt like ranting and seeing if its common or not.:hump:

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
First try and spray electrical contact cleaner into the stalk boot, just attach the straw to the can and stick it in all the cracks and spray it around everything in there. while spraying, move things around like the switches for intermittent speeds and the stalk itself. sometimes gunk just gets on the electrical contacts and reduces their efficiency which can cause issues in the steering column of these cars.

Let it dry for a about a minute before you start the car to test it out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What model vr6? I have the glx and it has the rain sensing wipers. One way to see if yours have that same function is to look at your rear view mirror. Is it the auto dimming kind? Is there a plastic piece running from it into the headliner? Also, look at the attachment point of the mirror on the outside of your car. You will see a small suction cup like circle that is the rain sensor. It could be that the sensor is not tight up against the glass.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What model vr6? I have the glx and it has the rain sensing wipers. One way to see if yours have that same function is to look at your rear view mirror. Is it the auto dimming kind? Is there a plastic piece running from it into the headliner? Also, look at the attachment point of the mirror on the outside of your car. You will see a small suction cup like circle that is the rain sensor. It could be that the sensor is not tight up against the glass.
hmmm. yes its a GLX. this could be it.
thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
One definite way to test it would be to put it on intermittent mode and then get out of the car and tap on the glass where the mirror attaches to the glass. They should speed up as you tap on it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One definite way to test it would be to put it on intermittent mode and then get out of the car and tap on the glass where the mirror attaches to the glass. They should speed up as you tap on it.
coo. I will have to try that when I can. Wont be driving car till june but maybe I will go play around with it some. Got other stuff I gotta bolt up anyways.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts