VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can somone help me I need to know where the vacumn line that starts on my 16v 1.8 it starts under the intake on the left side /facing the engine/ comes out behind the altenater an then stops it was plugged off by the previous owner theres a blue double connecter on it but its plugged off with a bolt the double enned connecter tells me that it goes somwhere but where

·
Registered
73 Posts
i could tell you, but that description led me to 2 different vacume lines. 1 going from the airbox going to the elbow right off the T-body, and when you mentioned the T, i am thinking back behind the intake manifold that runs to the brake booster,intake manifold, 2nd fitting on the Elbow on T_body

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I'm not mistaken my 1.8 16v has a hose that runs from the front of the intake (between cylinders 1 & 2) that connects to the bottom of the rubber vacuum hose which connects the idle stabilizer to the suction pipe (plastic pipe between the airbox and throttle body). The hole for the connection is just above the alternator adjusting bracket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
if you can get me an engine bay picture and highlight the un-connected vaccume line, i can most likely help you out. those 1.8's could be a little different than my 2.0, but its all relevant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts