VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im 17 years old. ive wanted a vw since i was 14. my parents give me the old work truck to drive till i turn 17 and now they sold it and say i can get a 2000 jetta when i graduate. this is the best news of my life, but the wait is goin to kill me. oh and i live in a very small town where i see maybe one vw a day. if im lucky... any suggestions on how i can get through this one year wait???

·
Registered
380 Posts
hmmmm, congrats on getting the car soon. I have the same problem and the thing you could do is not think of it get ur head into something else, maybe a girl(lol) or something like that before you know it, it will arive

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Save money up so when you do get it, you can start doing what you want to it!!
jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
Save money up so when you do get it, you can start doing what you want to it!!
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with jon. def save money now. cause I burn through my paychecks like nothing modding up my car. I would tape a pic of a jetta on your truck's dash. a reminder of what you will be driving soon enough...best

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vtec_this:
any suggestions on how i can get through this one year wait???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, spend it on the forum getting to know everything and everyone mad. That way its like being in a town full of Vdubs, and you get the oppertunity to lay some smack down on the dealer when he starts trying to impress you with his knowledge of the dubs.

Welcome to the forum, hope you hang around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the good advice guys... i plan on gettin a job soon as school lets out for the summer. i cant even think of all the mods id like to make. also im glad i found this site, its the best site ive been to. i learn something new about vdubs everyday. thanx guys.

·
Registered
273 Posts
my advice is to expect the unexpected. i was expecting to have to buy myself an '84 cherokee (w/four speed manual!), but while we were cherokee shopping my dad saw a used volvo c70. we had already bought a jetta and leased an expe, but in the end we bought out the lease. that made 3 cars, and i get to drive the vw! never thought i'd be that lucky. hope you enjoy your first year of drivin' it as much as i am.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vanman, i live in ridgeway. its within walking distance of the north carolina line. bout and 30 min from roanoke and about 20 from danville. if youve heard of either of those. once again. keep up the good advice guys. i can only dream how sweet its goin to be drivin the vdub

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got a great idea. Here is what i did when i had to wait. Save some money up and slowly buy the mods you want for your car. Then when you get the car bam right away you have a hooked up jetta. I would know that this works because this is what i did when my car got stolen and i had no car for 3 months. Well good luck hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2K1Wolfsburg:
my advice is to expect the unexpected. i was expecting to have to buy myself an '84 cherokee (w/four speed manual!), but while we were cherokee shopping my dad saw a used volvo c70. we had already bought a jetta and leased an expe, but in the end we bought out the lease. that made 3 cars, and i get to drive the vw! never thought i'd be that lucky. hope you enjoy your first year of drivin' it as much as i am.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sweet man. good story. and volvo c70s are sweet, with me, when i was 16, we went car shopin and i saw this beutiful 98' volvo s70 t5 turbo. well when i cam home from school a week later it was in the driveway, it was suposed to be my dads for 6 months then mine. but they he liked it too much so me and him invested in my gti. and i love it. here is a pic of my dads car.

rich

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hey Rich, there is a guy rollin around here in a old Volvo wagon tubbed out with a blown V8 in the front. Pretty cool, with a Lexan hood so you can see the show motor. I saw him do a wheel stand across an intersection once.

[ May 13, 2003: Message edited by: fli gti ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts