VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is called a rally golf but where can you get it or the fenders for it?

[ February 20, 2004: Message edited by: 87cabriolet ]

[ February 20, 2004: Message edited by: 87cabriolet ]

·
Registered
573 Posts
The fenders and skirts are Rallye, but I'm not sure if the front bumper is the Razor aftermarket bumper or in fact a similar looking bumper that came with the Rallye style golfs. That is one killer engine inside that baby
!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well rally yes front bumper looks like a RS1 bumper but as said befor the bigger picture is the engine bay gotta love it

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 87cabriolet:
where can you get it or the fenders for it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't.

It's a Rallye with a front bumper. Only about 5000 of those cars made originally, I know of a few of them that were wrecked overseas. I think there's 20 of those cars in North America, some legal, some not. I'm not sure if the fenders are available anymore, and the quarter panels are part of the car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you want a wide bodt it epi equipped has them, but I think golfs look better slammed with small bumper, but thats me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the engine is nice, but i am trying to decide whether to get a mk2 or mk3 for a project. I have the engine picked out, I want to put it in a 2 door vw, If I could make a mk 2 look like that I would get one, but I have only seen a few in shows.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Kinetic had a Rallye for sale in Canada a couple months ago, but I think they wanted $18,000 for it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
There was one on Ebay about 6 months ago for 4G's with a blown motor. It was in Kenya, but they said they would ship it to US.

Just gotta keep your eyes out, might hire a custom auto locator to help if you need it in a hurry.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is to much for me, its going to be a project car I don't need anything to great. As of now I am thinking mk3 2 door golf w/an engine swap, gutted out and slammed on some big brakes. I won't be starting for a while so that could change. If I can't find a mk3 for cheap enough then I will look for a mk2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts