VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what kind of chip I should get for my 97 Jetta GLX? I have heard that the Neuspeed chips are pretty much garbage....can anyone tell me what kind are worth my $? Also, besides the obvious increase in gas price, has anyone had any other cost increases b/c of the chips? Thanks for the help yall. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I agree ,I installed a neuspeed chip and the only thing it did was get rid of the top speed govenor.I would try autotech or apr.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i have an autotech q-chip in my 96 jetta. and noticed some improvement. better gas mileage and some increased hp.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
my last golf had a neuspeed chip and i didn't notice anything at all! this time around i went with the garrett chip and i felt a bit of a difference.... 2.0 8v is kinda hard to notice small gains with. i dont know much about the vr6 selection for chip tuning but when i did research for mine most companies were willing to email me the possible gains i would see by installing their product. they were very helpful. so if you have a product in mind shoot the company an email asking what it will do for your dub!

·
Registered
5 Posts
the most popular chip for the VR6 id have to say is GIAC, i'll be getting mine on thursday so i'll make a thread with the results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, thanks for the help yall...I'm still deciding on which to get, but I'll keep ya posted on the results of that decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts