VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would buy black, thats my .02

I just bought a 01 GTI Black. Its getting buffed this Saturday. Then hopefully will get pics up here.

If you always want to clean your car, buy black.lol. I love Black cars. Also I love to clean my car, so I can't bitch about it.

White is the easiest color to clean.

Depends on the shade of Blue, but that can look good and be easy to clean, or can be a bitch to clean.

Just my .02 Good luck picking a color.
Please post pics when you decide on a color and purchase the car.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I have a galactic blue jetta and i love the color. As he just said, any dark color car will be a PITA to keep clean but its kind of like saying that you don't want to win the lottery because of the taxes.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well I have black, and when it clean, I love it, but it's soo hard to keep clean, expecially in the winter. Also, you will see every little knick and scratch you get. With white you will see all the dirt, I would go with the blue if I were you. That's what I wish I had. Not a big silver fan to tell you the truth...

·
Registered
273 Posts
i have black too...real nice except after it gets dirty, especially right now w/pollen (tho if you squint a bit, the pollen makes it a sort of brown-green-black carbon fiber-y look. i'll leave it up to you to decide whether that's a good thing or no.)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ok, as evidenced by this thread... ANYTHING but black.. there are too many Black dubs around anymore, and silver is right up there with it. I like both of the blues they offer, and white is fairly uncommon on european cars in general, so I think either of those would be fine.

Now, to all the BDC(BlackDubClub): Flame on!

·
Registered
324 Posts
everyone has black and blue, go with white or red because if you mod them they will stand out more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 2003 jetta comes in two blues?

i thought it only came in galactic blue. what's the other blue?

G

·
0 Posts
i think it would be cool if they put the montana green on a new GTI...just special addition though

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I currently own 2 silver cars. My wife is tired of silver. I love my silver Bora.

She wants something in Galactic Blue (I like that color a lot, but think the Lagoon is killer too).

However my next set of wheels will be German Battleship Grey.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so they still have two blues for the 2003 jettas?

i was under the impression that lagoon was discontinued

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by edfu:
so they still have two blues for the 2003 jettas?

i was under the impression that lagoon was discontinued
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I can tell you... Blue Lagoon (TheBoraDJ's Color) was replaced by the Grey Color. (which looks sick) So now you can only get Raf's Galactic Blue.

I am pretty sure that is the case for 2003.

I read both US and Canadian brochures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
273 Posts
let's not neglect the aftermarket paints that change color w/light and angle! sure they're ridiculously expensive, but i remember when i saw a lambo outside the surf city hotel that had it...needless to say, real hot car, even tho i know it's pretty hot no matter what color

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by edfu:
what do you mean aftermarket paint?

so the pictures i put up aren't galactic blue?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some aftermarket paints are specialized in that they reflect a different color depending on what angle you are looking at. That is a completely different subject though. YES, the pics you posted are galactic blue. MY pics just look dark cuz they were taken in a shadow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts